Spring is drawing near
Earth will be filled with cheers
Guess it can’t be helped
To cherish the memories we’ve shared
Everytime this season appears
Cheers to my 22nd TANKA poetry so far! I am more than happy to partake in this wonderful activity hosted by a friend blogger, Kiwinana of Ramblings of a Writer. For instructions, kindly click here. Have nice week!
She, who’s afraid of heights
Boarded a plane for the first time
Looking forward, never turning around
Greetings! I almost missed writing a Three-liner. So here’s my take for this week’s challenge. You may also want to join fellow bloggers and indulge yourself in reading and writing a brief and interesting tale out of fascinating photo prompts provided by Sonya of Only 100 Words. For instructions, kindly click here.
Nothing beats an unplanned get away. March 14th 2017 marked our youngest son’s third birthday. As always, my children prefer to eat out, play arcades, and enjoy rides in a mall. Out of the blue, we’ve decided (I always involve my children with things like these to make sure they enjoy.) to go on a staycation.
staycation – a vacation spent in one’s home country rather than abroad, or one spent at home and involving day trips to local attractions.
The place we’ve visited is quite far from home and since we don’t own a car we have to endure riding a PUJ (Public Utility Jeep) and a train station to reach our destination. Nevertheless, my children enjoyed the journey and the scenery.
Today, I’d want to express how grateful I am that God allowed us to experience wonderful moments in celebration of our bundle of joy’s third birthday. We, as parents would always find delight in seeing the happiness in our children’s faces much more when they enjoy life and make memories that we could cherish afterwards.
I would like to share this YouTube video I created and hoping that you’ll find inspiration in doing the things that would make you and your loved ones happy.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank God for His grace in giving my partner the ability to provide us with our needs and wants. I couldn’t be more thankful.
It’s in my nature
To find love that is pure
Be my own universe
Blood that runs through my veins
Who’s worthy of all my pain
Hello, everyone! I can’t forgive myself if I forget to partake in this wonderful mental exercise – TANKA Poetry challenge hosted by Kiwinana of Ramblings of a Writer blog. For instructions, kindly click here. I can’t wait to read your entry.
Smile that blossoms like cherry
A flower that radiates positivity
Spring brings us all sheer bliss
And wipes all our fears, our bitterness
Truly a season we’d hate to miss
Cheers to another TANKA poetry day! The photo prompt above makes me more than excited to write a poetry. Thank you, Kiwinana of Ramblings of a Writer for hosting such a wonderful blogging event. Joining this every week brings me joy and makes me feel accomplished.
I would be more delighted to read other entries, for instructions kindly click here.
Oftentimes, we tend to overlook the things that matters a lot. Fate lends no one, the world mocks at us especially when it sees we’re on the verge of giving up. It makes us ungrateful sometimes or would it be right to say, we’re actually grateful but unable to express it openly because our anxieties overshadows it.
I am so delighted to receive a tag from a friend blogger, Sonali Mukherjee about her Thankfulness post. I dedicated this moment to participate to show how much I appreciate it. She never fail to include me whenever she received an award in blogging and it means a lot, she’s just so sweet.
For the rules:
- List down three things you are thankful for.
- Nominate fellow bloggers to continue the TAG.
- Use a cool logo to match up with your even cooler answers.
- Having a FAMILY I can call my own. I don’t have a normal upbringing with my family. I am being tossed from one relative to another and when I was in college, I need to live on my own in a province without any relatives. It makes life so tough that time – no one to turn to, no one to belong to. That’s why when I met my partner and God blessed us with four children, I couldn’t be more happier.
- Being affiliated with MCGI (Members Church of God International). Being a Christian is the most wonderful gift I received from God Almighty. It made me realized my life’s purpose and no matter how difficult the path may be, I am confident that with God’s help and mercy, I can live the life that’s meant for me.
- Blessings in disguise. Family life is quite tough. Before we reach our present status where we could now buy what we need as well as what we want, we have to go through too much difficulties during our first three years of building our family. There were even times that we barely eat a decent meal in a day. Our relatives would mock us and talk poorly about us in our face. Thank God, my partner is a strong-willed person. While I drown myself in tears, he did everything he can to find a regular job and support me emotionally and financially to pull myself up and land a career in a call center industry.
And for my nominees:
- Kiwinana of Ramblings of a Writer
- Miriam of Out ‘an About
- Sonali of Howling With The Wolf
Forgive me, Sonali I just can’t help but include you. Here’s hoping you’d bear in mind how much I appreciate your wonderful blog, your comments in my posts, and everything about your friendship. Anyhow, there’s no need to participate if your time won’t allow it but I would be delighted if you would. Once again, thank you!
There are moments when we’re ‘spacing out’ or having a mental block. The world seem to stop revolving, the time standing still.
I know all of us experienced this thing not only once. Maybe that is our mind’s response once it reaches its limit. It seems that it automatically shuts itself off once it’s been used up already? If this is the case, why are there still people who lost their sanity? Is it because their will is weak? Or is it because they choose to lose their mind? Ah! even these questions doesn’t make any sense to me but somehow gives me something to ponder about. No wonder, it is hard to be an understanding person.
I just stumbled upon this quote and I can’t help but share it while smiling at myself at the same time in our 40th Weekly Quotes To Ponder feature. This is really a spot on. Do you agree with this quote? I would be delighted to read your comments.
And before I conclude this post, let me leave you another quote from David C. Pack. This is one hell of a statement I just can’t ignore:
“Most people live their entire lives without a clue as to why they are here. They drift aimlessly, unconcerned about the answers to life’s greatest questions-why life and why death? Others enjoy debating the meaning of life, but never arrive at the correct answers. Many conclude that mankind is little more than a product of evolution-blind, dumb luck!”
Then an answer from the Word of God – The Bible:
That’s what I got after ‘spacing out’. More insights to what life’s all about. Thank God for all the wisdom and for His saving grace. I now know what my life’s purpose and I’m following it.