Nothing beats an unplanned get away. March 14th 2017 marked our youngest son’s third birthday. As always, my children prefer to eat out, play arcades, and enjoy rides in a mall. Out of the blue, we’ve decided (I always involve my children with things like these to make sure they enjoy.) to go on a staycation.
staycation – a vacation spent in one’s home country rather than abroad, or one spent at home and involving day trips to local attractions.
The place we’ve visited is quite far from home and since we don’t own a car we have to endure riding a PUJ (Public Utility Jeep) and a train station to reach our destination. Nevertheless, my children enjoyed the journey and the scenery.
Today, I’d want to express how grateful I am that God allowed us to experience wonderful moments in celebration of our bundle of joy’s third birthday. We, as parents would always find delight in seeing the happiness in our children’s faces much more when they enjoy life and make memories that we could cherish afterwards.
I would like to share this YouTube video I created for our youngest bundle of joy, #hendrixkulit
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank God for His grace in giving my partner the ability to provide us with our needs and wants. I couldn’t be more thankful.
Oftentimes, we tend to overlook the things that matters a lot. Fate lends no one, the world mocks at us especially when it sees we’re on the verge of giving up. It makes us ungrateful sometimes or would it be right to say, we’re actually grateful but unable to express it openly because our anxieties overshadows it.
I am so delighted to receive a tag from a friend blogger, Sonali Mukherjee about her Thankfulness post. I dedicated this moment to participate to show how much I appreciate it. She never fail to include me whenever she received an award in blogging and it means a lot, she’s just so sweet.
For the rules:
- List down three things you are thankful for.
- Nominate fellow bloggers to continue the TAG.
- Use a cool logo to match up with your even cooler answers.
- Having a FAMILY I can call my own. I don’t have a normal upbringing with my family. I am being tossed from one relative to another and when I was in college, I need to live on my own in a province without any relatives. It makes life so tough that time – no one to turn to, no one to belong to. That’s why when I met my partner and God blessed us with four children, I couldn’t be more happier.
- Being affiliated with MCGI (Members Church of God International). Being a Christian is the most wonderful gift I received from God Almighty. It made me realized my life’s purpose and no matter how difficult the path may be, I am confident that with God’s help and mercy, I can live the life that’s meant for me.
- Blessings in disguise. Family life is quite tough. Before we reach our present status where we could now buy what we need as well as what we want, we have to go through too much difficulties during our first three years of building our family. There were even times that we barely eat a decent meal in a day. Our relatives would mock us and talk poorly about us in our face. Thank God, my partner is a strong-willed person. While I drown myself in tears, he did everything he can to find a regular job and support me emotionally and financially to pull myself up and land a career in a call center industry.
And for my nominees:
- Kiwinana of Ramblings of a Writer
- Miriam of Out ‘an About
- Sonali of Howling With The Wolf
Forgive me, Sonali I just can’t help but include you. Here’s hoping you’d bear in mind how much I appreciate your wonderful blog, your comments in my posts, and everything about your friendship. Anyhow, there’s no need to participate if your time won’t allow it but I would be delighted if you would. Once again, thank you!
Hi there people! It’s ‘BER‘ months again. It’s the time of the year when ‘Rainy Season‘ is at its peak here in the Philippines. For me, it is a perfect time to stay in the house in hibernation. While I like the sound of the rain as I lay in my bed, it also gives me a feeling of sadness, it brings back painful memories too. It’s like a tear drop of someone who cannot hold back the pain and cannot do anything but show the world how depressing life can be sometimes. But just like rain that waters the soil for plants to grow, tears could wash away bitterness and resentments too. Thus, trials and difficulties, heartbreaks and failures are necessary to hone our characters and make us a better person in the end. The choice is ours.
Anyone who thinks that sunshine is pure happiness, has never danced in the rain.
Today, I give thanks to God Almighty for creating ‘rain’. I wouldn’t be this resilient and strong have I not encounter any difficulties and I may not appreciate happiness more have I not known sadness. Truly, God knows what’s best for us all! Cheers!
Love is not always a bed of roses, sometimes you also have to lay in a bed of nails to know if it’s for real
Just when I thought I couldn’t find someone who will take me just as I am and would love me unconditionally, this person came into my life. Thank God for allowing me to meet him and be part of his life. He is the only man who can fight with me in the morning and would still make love to me at night. I may hate so much at times but I love him just the same.
Ours is an imperfect relationship, most of the time, we suck. But one thing remains constant – our love. He always unleash the worst in me but he’s also the only person who could bring out the best in me. The only one who can bend me. He may disagree but at the end of it all, never fail to clean up my mess. He’s more than fifty shades and that’s what I’ve loved about him.